Can A Person Get Mrsa By Going To The Funeral Of A Dead Person Who Died Of Mrsa In The Blood?

3

Lynn Perie Profile
Lynn Perie answered
I agree, you can't get MRSA from a deceased body. The formaldehyde used to embalm the body kills anything in/on the body. Also the body no longer is a nice warm environment that germs and viruses like to live.
Anonymous
Anonymous commented
Actually, this is untrue. Formaldehyde can kill or sterilize most of the pathogens on or in a human body, but by no means do they kill all. You can still get MRSA, HIV, CJD, VRSA, and VRA from a deceased person, but the danger is mostly to the medical and embalming staff. As to germs and viruses needing a warm environment, the autolysis of the organs breaking down provides more than enough warmth for viruses and germs to continue to propogate well after death.
Fred Jones Profile
Fred Jones answered
No, you can't get MRSA from going to a funeral of a person who died from the illness. The infection is passed by physical contact of the blood to an open wound you may have (blood to blood contact). MRSA is not airborne. On top of that, he will be in a casket and has been preped for the cemetary.
Anonymous
Anonymous commented
thank you soo much, you have calmed my nerves a lot and stopped me from panicking! thanks x

It's just my personal opinion here but I believe that cremation is much better, especially nowadays as there are so many good funeral cremation services with low prices so you can also google some of them and choose the best one for yourself. I truly believe that you need to get more information about it.

Anonymous