There are people in the world. These pop psychological labels actually mean nothing.
People are people and can be negative or positive at any given time. While there are some people who seem to be more one way or the other most of the time, most people bounce back and forth.
It can't be counted!
1. We have two basic energy lines. Positive & negative which one of these earn more power in human's mind ever since they born.
2. According to that, some people get called generally positive or negative by the actions, reactions & the thoughts they shown from themselves during their life, events & specially stressful times.
3. But yet, according to the events that happens, people can get temporarily negative or positive.even the most positive people might suddenly turn negative due reasons. For instance, someone that has a schizophrenia in a particular way about a particular event, a bad memory, in a moment in impression of that, they can turn into negatives. Also that happens vise versa.
4. However,negative is stronger than positive, i don't know the reason but it is. It's just the way destroying is easier than building.
5. By the energies we have, we pull anything related to the type of our thoughts, positiveness, negativeness, from the events to the people we meet but since it's a very hard ability to control our mind in a very exact way or to control our emotions in a very manual way.so many random things happens in our lives as our mind might ramble a lot but the world taking our energy & reading it, then we blame the world! Others! Companies! That car! That man! That organization! Ect . . While the core of that bad moment or a bad person we meet started from ourselves, a negative energy that we sent, a bad thought ect . .
I said that because i wanted to say i'm a very positive person, we can't say how many positive or negative people exist in the world, negative is stronger but we can't measure or prove that negative is more, i'm positive & mostly i met positive people.
You will find that in everything there is a balance.
I have not taken a count to see, but I can understand why people are negative as they look at the world and all the suffering that people are going through they may have lost hope that things will ever get better. God has promise a wonderful future free from all the suffering and unhappiness in the world today. Psalms 37:10-11, "Just a little while longer,and the wicked will be no more; You will look, at where they were, And they will not be there. But the meek will possess the earth, And they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace." Revelation 21:3,4
As you can see from a few answers above, it depends on what you mean. To Evangelical Christians it's negative when looking at the world, but Buddhists and Hindus see it in positive light, because the world is much better then it was just a century ago. If you mean are there more people that act negative, I'd have to say no, there are more that act positive, it's just the few, negative, get more press, then the positive ones do.