1980's was a decade that holds key significance in the history of the world. This decade lead the way to major socio-economic and cultural changes around the world. The end of this decade saw a new world.
Following are some important events that happened in this decade:
- Widespread famine in Ethiopia
- Iran and Iraq go to war with each other.
- Revival of capitalism
- Consumers get more sophisticated and more brand and status conscious.
- Micheal Jackson becomes the most popular music artist.
- MTV is launched
- VCR and Video cameras become more widely available around the world.
- CD is launched in 1980.
- Explosive growth of computers and computer technology.
- Zimbabwe becomes independent
- John Lennon is assassinated.
- End of Soviet -Afghan war.
- Eruption of Mount St. Helens.